Please read the bullet points below or check out the pages on the left to learn more about what you can expect during your visit. If you have any questions about your appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- If you have a change in your physical condition before surgery such as a cold, fever, persistent cough or rash; contact a nurse at the Eye Surgery Center at (270) 442-1024.
- Arrangements should be made prior to your surgery for someone to drive you home.
- You cannot drive yourself. Driver is requested to stay at the Eye Surgery Center during your procedure.
- It is recommended that a responsible adult stay with you the first night after surgery.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 6 HOURS BEFORE SURGERY.
- You may take your morning medications with a small amount of water unless otherwise instructed. Bring all inhalers or diabetic medications with you the day of surgery.
- Do not take diabetic medications day of surgery unless a nurse instructs you to do so.
- Wear loose fitting clothing and a shirt that is short sleeve, or a shirt that is able to push above your elbows.
- Do not wear any facial or eye make-up.
- Your dentures will not be removed for surgery.
- The day before surgery, a nurse will call your home to confirm or change arrival time for surgery. This call will normally be in the afternoon the day before your surgery. Additional instructions will be given to the patient at this time. If you will not be at home, please leave us a phone number where you can be reached.
- You will be at the Eye Surgery Center for approximately 2-3 hours on the day of your surgery. At times, unavoidable circumstances can cause a delay, and we appreciate your patience.
- Bring all your eye drops with you the day of surgery.